Soil Solutions has developed a cost-effective and long term solution for the treatment of Mine Tailings Storage Facilities. Dust control on Mine tailings is a necessity in terms of regulating the environmental impact, the effect on neighbouring communities, eliminating risk and liabilities for fines resulting from dust control violations.
OUR VALUE ENGINEERED SOLUTIONS® FOR DUST CONTROL AND REMEDIATION OF MINE TAILING FACILITIES TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE FOLLOWING:
- Tailings Deposition Schedule
- The Direction of Prevailing Wind
- Buttress, Sides and Slopes, Beach Areas
- Existing Condition
- Current Erosion Problems
Watch our Mine Tailings management video
You Can Make a Difference!
Effective Mine Tailings management will ensure:
- Decreased liability
- Environmental compliance
- Decreased affect on neighbouring communities
- An over all decreased environmental impact
Mine Tailings Surface treatments with EBS
Surface Treatments on Mine Tailings require an understanding of the structural integrity of the Tailings Storage Facility – this we know and understand what can affect the integrity of the structure. We understand the effects of erosion and overwatering.
- Once applied will provide effective dust suppression for up to 10 years
- EBS is environmentally safe & easy to apply
- PM 10 and PM 2.5 compliant
- Will not leach into the water tables
- Will not affect the structural integrity of the tailings
- Is effective on materials with high or low PH levels
- Will create a crust that will not be affected by rain, wind, or UV rays
- Will protect the surface from erosion
- Will prevent any windblown dust
EBS eliminates the need for expensive maintenance, intensive shade cloth barriers or irrigation systems, no further water use for dust suppression is required.