WHAT WE DO
We provide specifically developed advanced technologies utilizing the IoT and incorporating Ai and machine learning to provide real-time monitoring and essential data to build predictive models that allow growers to maximize crop yields and make accurate decisions. No longer are multiple devices, platforms, and service providers required, as our systems are end to end and incorporated into one easy-to-use platform.
These systems allow for off-site monitoring capabilities to continuously monitor crops with greater accuracy and allows issues to be identified at early growth stages for Precision Farming resulting in crop improvement
DATA-DRIVEN INSIGHTS FROM SOIL TO HARVEST TO STORAGE AND PACKING TO MARKET … ANYTIME ANYWHERE
Data acquisition and implementation of precision farming in crop planting allow for variable application rates so that growers can make informed and optimized decisions to save money while protecting the environment.
The resulting optimization reduces the cost of fertilizing, improves crop yields, reduces the usage of pesticides, reduces water use, provides accurate better records that are essential for supply chain accountability, especially if blockchain methods are to be implemented.
Critical Access Solutions Remotely Executed
Critical Access Solutions Remotely Executed
Sensors and Artificial Intelligence-driven machine learning architecture can be implemented to monitor numerous important aspects including :
- Soil Temperature, Moisture Content, N, P, K, Ph, Conductivity, Salinity
- Air Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Light Intensity
- Herbicide and Pesticide Levels
- Insect Motion
- Dust particulate levels including PM10 and PM2.5
- Radiation levels
- Water status
- Nutritional status
- Insect and disease management
- Greenhouse Environment Monitoring – temperature and humidity
*Note: also can monitor the movement of nutrients by tracking the changes in salinity and the build-up of salinity in the root zone
With additional aspects for specialized crops such as vineyards.
The Food and Agriculture Organization ( FAO ) estimated 20% -40% of annual crop loss per year due to crop diseases ( 1). The common strategies used to mitigate are pesticides and fungicides, which have many harmful effects on animals and humans health while also disrupting the earth’s ecology causing severe environmental pollution to the entire eco-system (2)
- Venkatesan, R.; Kathrine, G.J.W.; Ramalakshmi, K. Internet of Things Based Pest Management Using Natural Pesticides for Small Scale Organic J. Comput. Theoret. Nanosci. 2018, 15, 2742–2747
- Ayaz, Ammad-Uddin, M.; Sharif, Z.; Mansour, A.; Aggoune, E.-H.M. Internet-of-Things (IoT)-Based Smart Agriculture: Toward Making the Fields Talk. IEEE Access 2019, 7, 129551–129583
The effects of climate change, extreme events and temperature volatility, and reductions in water availability have made agricultural development even more challenging with weather patterns being not only less favourable but unpredictable. Harnessing data will allow farmers to move towards climate-smart agriculture practices which will reduce crop losses.
When this data is used in ML systems the result will be the building of predictive models that will provide critical information required for crop planting and management. Food security is a global concern. The effects of Climate Change are getting worse.
It’s time we all did our part!
With our integrated and all-in-one platform, we just made it easy for our clients to participate in improved food security and the fight against climate change
PROTECTING CROPS AND ENSURING FOOD SECURITY
Protecting existing crops and allowing them to reach harvest and feed people locally reduces the reliance on imported food items whose logistical chain is a major contributor to GHG emissions, it will also reduce the need for humanitarian assistance and food distribution that while critical if reduced will also reduce carbon emissions.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimated that 20% to 40% annual crop loss per year is due to crop diseases. Current behaviours are “reactive” in nature and involve the use of pesticides and fungicides. With an estimated 500,000 tons of pesticides being used in the USA alone, and an estimated additional 2 Million tonnes in other countries around the world. Pro-active advanced monitoring to address dangers before they occur will eliminate this need for chemical dispersions that carry harmful effects on animals and humans health as well as disturbing the world’s ecology and causing severe environmental pollution.
Effective monitoring and integration of dAIta, an end-to-end IoT platform that allows for data-driven decisions will play a significant role in reducing the use of pesticides as well as ensuring improved food security.
Upgrading and sealing of the road networks of agricultural projects will decrease the currently 2-5% of harvests that are damaged due to road-generated dust. See Green Roads
Climate Change and Locusts – A need to protect food production
The effects of climate change are in-discriminatory and have regrettably had the largest effect on the world’s poorest and most vulnerable which has caused massive crop destruction and famine. The changes in weather patterns due to climate change have created the perfect storm for the breeding of locusts which have destroyed over …… hectares of crops in eastern Africa in the last … years. To end the locust invasions and save the crops for local food security and in some cases, export for economic growth will have a major multiplier effect. We are currently developing an AI locust detection and disruption platform that could stop this massive loss of crops annually and increase food security.
Watch this space!
Hydrotac is a highly effective tackifier that reduces seeding to one application instead of several thus reducing costs, time, and water usage. This one application will also decrease germination time.
Benefits of Hydrotac
HYDROTAC holds the grass seed in place while allowing air and water to pass through it into the ground facilitating the germination of the seed without allowing any negative hydrophobic impact. This allows germination to take place with only ONE application – with the only additive required being the seed – thereby allowing both cost and time savings.
- ONE APPLICATION
- CASE STUDIES HAVE PROVEN THAT GERMINATION IS EXPEDITED BY 4-5 DAYS
- REDUCED ADDITIVES
- REDUCED COSTS
Connectivity is essential for the agricultural sector – as you have to be able to move t he goods within the farm and then onwards to market. Improved roads will guarantee faster transport time and decrease damage to produce.
The dust generated from gravel roads is proven to be detrimental to crops and produce. Integrating Intelligent Roads increases the sustainability of any farming programme.
A world Bank commissioned study ( Quantifying the Impacts of Vehicle Generated Dust – a comprehensive Approach) in 2011 stated the following :
- An estimated 260 Million USD was lost annually in the agricultural industry due to vehicle-generated dust on gravel roads, this figure is now thought to be over 2 Billion USD.
- Road dust interferes with the efficiency of weed killers and pesticides and that at the time of this report would require an additional $750 / km of pesticides to be used
- Fruit growers see a significant difference in the growth and production of fruit trees that are planted closer to the gravel roads and that this affects trees planted up to the 8th row removed. An estimated 1-5% of the crops will be deemed sub-standard due to dust damage.
- Dust generated from gravel roads also affects water sources that are located close by as well as animal grazing patterns.
- Significant areas of commercial and substance farming are adversely affected by vehicle-generated dust that creates an adverse economic consequence.