Soil Solutions provides a sustainable approach for the construction and upgrade of Rural Gravel roads, providing for:
Gravel Road upgrades and improvements are a critical factor in facilitating development…
WHAT ROADS WANT
- Substantial Cost Savings
- Decreased Maintenance
- Increased Sustainability
- Improved Service Delivery
Most countries have a secondary Gravel Road network that can consist of a thousand or tens of thousands of kms. While, once gravel roads were acceptable, this is no longer the case, as population and commercial growth demand better road transport systems. Gravel Road upgrades and improvements are a critical factor in facilitating development, as well as commercial and agricultural growth.
Gravel Roads demand frequent and expensive maintenance, the road surfaces become quickly degraded due to erosion and material loss.
Upgrading these rural gravel road networks to Asphalt has become cost prohibitive and is not financially sustainable.
Soil Solutions has the SOLUTION!
We have developed detailed Gravel Road Upgrade programmes for insitutions and governments that allow for a specification, quality assurance & testing process and mainenance plan to be put into place provides a long term sustainable solution for gravel road construction and upgrades. Contact us for more information
The Gravel Road Upgrade Process using EBS Surface Seal:
Step 1: A gravel road is graded to ensure large particles are removed; required drainage cut in; and compacted to 95-98%.
This ONE EBS SURFACE SEAL application will:
- Provide a hard all-weather surface
- Provide a water resistant Surface
- The road will be protected from erosion, mat erial loss, cracking, rutting, corrugation and potholes
- The road will have NO DUST
These results allow for long term sustainable solutions, as the road surface will NEVER need to be graded again. No more imported material will be needed, as the road surface is being fully protected with the EBS Surface Seal.
For Government (Municipal and Provincial) this provides an important solution that is cost effective and will allow for a huge decrease in future maintenance of these roads.
Benefits of EBS Surface Sealed Gravel Roads
- Important and substantial cost savings for governments and municipalities in terms of Gravel Road Maintenance
- After an EBS Surface Seal, these Gravel Roads will NEVER need to be Graded or Compacted Again.
- The road will have a longer life and only requires spot maintenance every few years instead of major maintenance on a regular basis.
- The road surface will be protected from erosion and any material loss.
- There will be No dust and increased safety.
- This provides a valuable solution for governments and increasing service delivery – while decreasing costs to do so.
- This is also a perfect solution for Environmentally sensitive areas as this solution reduces Environmental Impact.
HOW MUCH EBS SURFACE SEAL IS REQUIRED ? AND WHAT WILL IT COST ?
A Soil Solutions Technical Manager will advise as to the recommended application rate as this is material dependent. A site assessment will allow for determination of the optimum application and dilution rates to be used that will maximize the cost and benefits of the EBS treatment to the Gravel Roads.
WHAT TO DO WHEN THE MATERIAL IS SUB STANDARD AND NEEDS TO BE STABILIZED?
Do not worry, we can help. We will develop a tailored solution fro the improvement of the in-situ soil as well as providing cost effective construction methodologies including our Road Recycler Machines that allow for milling of material, accurate injection of EBS Soil Stabilizer and stabilised layer works that will perform indefinetly after an EBS Surface Seal treatment resulting in a much improved road, with a longer life span with decreased maintenance.
Contact us for more information as to how we can protect the investment of your gravel road network. email@example.com
See Gravel Road Solutions in Action