At Soil Solutions – we do not just sell a product — we understand the needs and challenges that face our clients and we provide the solutions that they need.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USA EPA) and the Clean Air Act provide guidelines, regulations and requirements that pertain to compliance for dust control in the mining and construction industries.
We, at Soil Solutions, can ensure that your entity complies with these regulations and ensure that you are not subject to expensive fines and compliance costs.
Specific areas where we can assist include:
- Preventing emissions of fugitive particulate matter from any process including handling or storage that is visible by an observer looking at the zenith at a point beyond the line of emission source. (compliance with IPCB Rule 203f/1[35 IAC212.301]
- Allowing for all normal traffic pattern access areas surrounding stockpiles and parking facilities which are located on mining properties to be treated with dust suppressants. (compliance with IPCB Rule 203 f /3/ C [35 IAC 212.306 ]
- Preventing fugitive dust emissions from stockpiles and preventing any violation of 40 CFR 60.1 1d, 40 CFR 60.670 (f)(1)
- Providing for an operating program including best management practices to achieve compliance including specification of particulate collection equipment, application systems and equipment for dust control methods one utilised and estimated frequency of application including updating a procedures and operations maintenance plan as required to ensure consistent and total dust management. (compliance with IPCB Rule 203 f /3/ F [35 IAC 212.310 (e)-(g) ]
- Providing a detailed Dust Management programme for the mine to submit to any regulatory agency that specifies the details of the program being implemented.
PREVENTATIVE is BETTER THAN REACTIVE
Through the implementation of a dust management program you will have a safer and more efficient operation as well as a reduced risk profile in terms of EPA compliance and fines.
Dust control and the conditions and visibility on roads are a Safety issue as well as an environmental issue. Soil Solutions works with Predictive Safety in order to provide our clients with up to date issues and compliance requirements with MSHA and EPA.
WHY SOIL SOLUTIONS?
Because our solutions are cost effective and have long term performance — thereby letting you concentrate on Mining
SAVING OUR PLANET
Environmental impact can no longer be ignored – with Climate Change and Global warming we need to find a better balance between our need for resources and looking after our planet for future generations.
There are Solutions — that can be implemented that will provide dust control allowing for EPA compliance – better Air Quality – and reduced CO2 emissions.
Please see COST AND BENEFITS as our solutions will not just provide compliant dust control – -but also a significant reduction in WATER USE as well as REDUCED DIESEL USE RESULTING IN REDUCED CO2 EMISSIONS